Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Overindulgence

So, today ive got 9 months sober. Continuously. Including weekends. And coincidentally, its almost exactly 1 month until my 29th birthday (which I now consider my 20th birthday, which may be confusing, but that's a whole 'nother blog post). So understandibly, ive been doing a lot of reflection and realized that this will be the first time (since I was like, 15) that I didn't celebrate by birthday by getting rediculously high or drunk. I also started thinking about what ive had for my birthday cake every year: Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, and Rocky Road ice cream. And just as the thought of eating that combination of confections crossed my mind, I thought: "Wow, that's FUCKING DISGUSTING!"

I guess I never realized how much of an addict I really was, right down to my yearly artery-clogging candle-holder. I now realize that I used to ingest cake the same way I used to imbebe pints of Stella or shoot Jagerbombs: find the most extreme variation (or at least a high alcohol content), and force your body to comply with your insanity. Every year I would go out on my birthday proclaiming that I wanted to get so fucked up that I couldn't remember anything the next day. I would usually STILL remember everything anyway, but mostly it would just be about how drunk and high I was before 11pm, and how I started talking shit and just being a trainwreck in general. So this year is finally going to be different. I want to celebrate for about 3 weeks, hit up some shows, some clubs, and whatever the hell else goes down in the meantime. I want to remember everything, and I want to enjoy it this time.

Oh and a carrot cake sounds good this year. Change it up for once. Maybe with some coconut ice cream? Who knows, ill jump off that bridge when I get to it.

No comments: